Punjab a focus area for Mahindra to boost truck sales
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Punjab and Western Uttar Pradesh have emerged as the new focus areas for Mahindra to boost sales of its trucks, tippers and light commercial vehicles.
Nalin Mehta, Managing Director and CEO, Mahindra Navistar Automotives Limited told during the national launch of its new MN25 Tipper with bogie suspension that It has invested close to Rs 1000 crores on trucks and engines facility and would pump in about Rs 250 crores in couple of years.
About Punjab he said that "though a small state, Punjab alone stands at eighth slot in truck sales". Mehta said that "the Punjab Commercial Vehicle Market constitutes around 7% of the Indian CV market and 22% of the market in north India. Mahindra forayed into the Punjab market with its HCV range in October 2011. In this short span of time, Mahindra has established two state-of-the-art dealerships in Jalandhar and Patiala. Mahindra has clocked 100 plus HCV Sales in the Punjab market within a year of operation. Each dealership also are has a mobile workshop to attend to any service call on a 24x7 basis in and around the territory area as well as across highways passing through Punjab".
He said that the new Tipper has higher pulling power, best-in-class carrying capacity, unparalleled ruggedness and reliability, coupled with the trademark, state-of-the-art cabin which ensures better safety, ergonomic comfort and a less stressful ride, leading to higher productivity. The new product will further expand the wide range of trucks and tippers that the company has introduced over the last 28 months of its market journey. He said that during this action-packed period, Mahindra has also been conferred with the No. 1 rank in the TNS Truck Track 2012 Customer Satisfaction study in the LCV load and mini-bus segment and joint No. 1 position in the HCV Truck (MAV segment). The new products of the company have also been consistently winning the coveted Apollo CV Awards for three years in a row.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18