Punjab gain first innings lead against Haryana
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Riding high on useful knocks from Shubham Chand (81) and Mansab Gill (64), Punjab carved out a first innings lead of 34 runs against Haryana on the second day of the match being played during U-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy being played at GMSSS, Sector 26, Chandigarh. In reply, Haryana were on 125 for one in the second innings.
Resuming at overnight score of 101 runs for 3, Punjab went on to score 277 in 99 overs. Punjab was bolstered by Mansab Gill (64) and Shubham Chand (81). At one stage, Punjab were 171 for 8, then a partnership of 74 runs for the ninth-wicket between Shubham Chand and Kuljeet Kuhar (38) saw hosts reach decent total of 277 runs. For Haryana V. V. Yadav (5 for 83) and A. R. Grewal (3 for 81) bowled well. Replying in the second innings, Haryana made a positive start as their openers put on 87 runs for the opening stand. J Rana was unbeaten on 66 runs.
Haryana:(1st innings): 143 all out in 48 overs, (2nd Innings):125 for 1 in 37 overs (J Rana 66 no, PR Dalal 48, Kuljit Kuhar 1 for 35)
Punjab: (1st innings): 277 all out in 99 overs (Shubham Chand 81, Mansab Gill 64, Kuljit Kuhar 38, Vineet Dhakka 24, V. V. Yadav 5 for 83, A. R. Grewal 3 for 81)
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong