Punjab gain first innings lead against Haryana
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Riding high on useful knocks from Shubham Chand (81) and Mansab Gill (64), Punjab carved out a first innings lead of 34 runs against Haryana on the second day of the match being played during U-16 Vijay Merchant Trophy being played at GMSSS, Sector 26, Chandigarh. In reply, Haryana were on 125 for one in the second innings.
Resuming at overnight score of 101 runs for 3, Punjab went on to score 277 in 99 overs. Punjab was bolstered by Mansab Gill (64) and Shubham Chand (81). At one stage, Punjab were 171 for 8, then a partnership of 74 runs for the ninth-wicket between Shubham Chand and Kuljeet Kuhar (38) saw hosts reach decent total of 277 runs. For Haryana V. V. Yadav (5 for 83) and A. R. Grewal (3 for 81) bowled well. Replying in the second innings, Haryana made a positive start as their openers put on 87 runs for the opening stand. J Rana was unbeaten on 66 runs.
Haryana:(1st innings): 143 all out in 48 overs, (2nd Innings):125 for 1 in 37 overs (J Rana 66 no, PR Dalal 48, Kuljit Kuhar 1 for 35)
Punjab: (1st innings): 277 all out in 99 overs (Shubham Chand 81, Mansab Gill 64, Kuljit Kuhar 38, Vineet Dhakka 24, V. V. Yadav 5 for 83, A. R. Grewal 3 for 81)