Punjab get three points after match ends in draw
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
The bowlers' impressive display on the first day followed by Uday Kaul's century, proved to be decisive for Punjab as their efforts helped the side earn three points from their Group A Ranji Trophy match against Railways, here today.
The final day's play turned out to be inconsequential as Punjab finished at 59 for two after Railways declared their second innings at 353 for five, with opener Amit Paunikar's 166 being the highlight.
The batsman was unbeaten on 113 overnight. His knock was studded with 23 boundaries and a six, and came off 252 balls. While scripting his big century, Paunikar spent 348 minutes in the middle.
Skipper Sanjay Bagar chipped in with 62, which came off 83 balls, and included seven fours and two sixes at the East Coast Railway Sports Association.
Punjab would be glad that their bowlers hit the right rhythm in Railways' first innings. Once Sandeep Sharma and Siddarth Kaul bowled out the Railways for 205, it became quite easier for Punjab.
Kaul then, in the company of Amitoze Singh and Bipul Sharma, ensured that Punjab got a lead of more than 100 runs in the first innings. Raiwlays got a point from the tie.
The Railways batsmen performed much better in the second innings but that was not enough for them.
Railways: 205 & 353 for five in 102.2 overs (Amit Paunikar 166, Sanjay Bangar 62, Bipul Sharma 2/78).
Punjab: 314 and 59 for two in 28 overs.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'