Punjab: Girl drugged, gangraped, filmed, thrown out of moving car in Bhatinda
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Another incident of gangrape came to light in north India when a 24-year-old girl was thrown out of a moving car after being forced upon for two days in Punjab.
Two man and two women kidnapped the victim, who had gone to Chandigarh for a job interview, on Friday (January 18) on the pretext of asking directions, after which she was drugged and raped at a deserted location.
The accused then drugged the woman, who hails from Moga district, again and threw her out of a moving car near Bathinda on Sunday (January 20), where she was found and taken to a local hospital.
The traumatized victim recounted the horror she had faced, alleging that two women had helped the rapists.
"I had just got off at the bus stand in Sector-43, Chandigarh, when a man approached me asking for help with an address. As I started telling him, two women dragged me into their car and gave me an injection after which I lost consciousness. I do not know where they took me, but the next day I was raped and they made a video of it," she said.
Bathinda's Superintendent of Police, Dharamveer Singh, said that the victim's statement had been recorded and a probe has been initiated.
"A man named Rohitash found her on the roadside near Bathinda. She said that she had gone for an interview on January 18, and had been kidnapped and kept in captivity for two days, after which she had been thrown from a car. She has been admitted to the hospital and her statement has been recorded. She has alleged rape and the doctors are examining her," Singh said.
It now emerges the girl is currently out on bail in a case
SSP Bathinda Ravicharan Brar said the victim had been booked in an attempt to murder case registered in Fazilka, Punjab, a year back.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress