Punjab govt dismisses 206 absentee teachers
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
The Punjab Government has dismissed from service 206 teachers and non-teaching employees in the Education Department who have been absent from their duties for last several years.
Those whose services have been terminated include 166 teachers of Master cadre, 25 Sarv Siksha Abhiyan teachers, 6 Computer teachers and nine non-teaching employees, an official release quoting Director General Education School Kahan Singh Pannu, said here today.
Besides, nearly 1,100 similar complaints had been received by the department and they would be scrutinised and dealt with strictly, he said.
During probe, it came to light that many teachers had proceeded on unauthorised leave and have gone abroad even more than 10 years ago.