Punjab govt dismisses 206 absentee teachers
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The Punjab Government has dismissed from service 206 teachers and non-teaching employees in the Education Department who have been absent from their duties for last several years.
Those whose services have been terminated include 166 teachers of Master cadre, 25 Sarv Siksha Abhiyan teachers, 6 Computer teachers and nine non-teaching employees, an official release quoting Director General Education School Kahan Singh Pannu, said here today.
Besides, nearly 1,100 similar complaints had been received by the department and they would be scrutinised and dealt with strictly, he said.