Punjab govt dismisses 206 absentee teachers
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Punjab Government has dismissed from service 206 teachers and non-teaching employees in the Education Department who have been absent from their duties for last several years.
Those whose services have been terminated include 166 teachers of Master cadre, 25 Sarv Siksha Abhiyan teachers, 6 Computer teachers and nine non-teaching employees, an official release quoting Director General Education School Kahan Singh Pannu, said here today.
Besides, nearly 1,100 similar complaints had been received by the department and they would be scrutinised and dealt with strictly, he said.
During probe, it came to light that many teachers had proceeded on unauthorised leave and have gone abroad even more than 10 years ago.