Punjab, Haryana High Court lifts stay on the release of 'Grand Masti'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Punjab and Haryana High Court, which had stayed the release of Bollywood movie 'Grand Masti' in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh has now lifted the stay order and the movie is ready to release across India.
Film critic Komal Nahta and Riteish Deshmukh confirmed the lift of the stay.
Punjab & Haryana high court vacates the stay on release of #GrandMasti. So film will open tomorow in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh too!— Komal Nahta (@KomalNahta) September 12, 2013
Breaking News- Grand Masti to release all INDIA - no stay on the release of the film.— GangsOfMastiKhor RD (@Riteishd) September 12, 2013
The stay order came after a lawyer filed a petition in the court alleging it has vulgar dialogues and obscene content.
In his petition, Dinesh Chadha also sought directions to the Central Board of Film Certification to reconsider the certificate of exhibition granted to the movie.
Chadha claimed that the board had violated provisions of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, by issuing the certificate on June 14 as the contents of the adult film were full of indecency.
Grand Masti, starring Vivek Oberoi, Riteish Deshmukh, Aftab Shivdasani and Manjari Fadnis, is a sequel of 2004 film Masti and is slated to release this Friday.
(With PTI inputs)
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture