Punjab, Haryana High Court lifts stay on the release of 'Grand Masti'
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The Punjab and Haryana High Court, which had stayed the release of Bollywood movie 'Grand Masti' in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh has now lifted the stay order and the movie is ready to release across India.
Film critic Komal Nahta and Riteish Deshmukh confirmed the lift of the stay.
Punjab & Haryana high court vacates the stay on release of #GrandMasti. So film will open tomorow in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh too!— Komal Nahta (@KomalNahta) September 12, 2013
Breaking News- Grand Masti to release all INDIA - no stay on the release of the film.— GangsOfMastiKhor RD (@Riteishd) September 12, 2013
The stay order came after a lawyer filed a petition in the court alleging it has vulgar dialogues and obscene content.
In his petition, Dinesh Chadha also sought directions to the Central Board of Film Certification to reconsider the certificate of exhibition granted to the movie.
Chadha claimed that the board had violated provisions of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, by issuing the certificate on June 14 as the contents of the adult film were full of indecency.
Grand Masti, starring Vivek Oberoi, Riteish Deshmukh, Aftab Shivdasani and Manjari Fadnis, is a sequel of 2004 film Masti and is slated to release this Friday.
(With PTI inputs)