Punjab Police register win
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Bangalore : Punjab Police continued its winning streak by defeating Vijaya Bank in a close encounter on the third day of the 27th Federation Cup Basketball Championship here today. Ranbeer Singh produced a scintillating performance for Punjab Police as he top-scored with 22 points to take his side to a hard-earned 72-61 victory. Amritpal Singh (15) and Harminder Singh (10) were other notable performers for Punjab Police. IAF continued their stranglehold in the championship after registering a 92-82 win over Central Excise and Customs, Cochin. In women's section, Kerala defeated Delhi 66-42 with Stephy Nixon scoring 20 points. South East Central Railway beat Karnataka 73-55. Pushpa Bharati was the top-scorer with 27 points for Railways.
Men's results: Punjab Police 72 (Ranbeer Singh 22, Amritpal Singh 15, Harminder Singh 10) bt Vijaya Bank 61 (Arvind 17, Srinivas Naik 17, Basavraj 14); IAF 92(Joginder Singh 21, Praveen Kumar 21) bt Central Excise & Customs, Cochin 82 (Basil Philip 25, Evbrick 21, Manoj 14); Women's results: Kerala 66( Stephy Nixon 20, Jeena 19, Poojamol 11) bt Delhi 42 (Raspreet 29); South East Central Railway 73 (Pushpa 27, Bharti 16, Aruna 14) bt Karnataka 55 (Savitha 13,Sagarika 12).