Punjab Police register win
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Bangalore : Punjab Police continued its winning streak by defeating Vijaya Bank in a close encounter on the third day of the 27th Federation Cup Basketball Championship here today. Ranbeer Singh produced a scintillating performance for Punjab Police as he top-scored with 22 points to take his side to a hard-earned 72-61 victory. Amritpal Singh (15) and Harminder Singh (10) were other notable performers for Punjab Police. IAF continued their stranglehold in the championship after registering a 92-82 win over Central Excise and Customs, Cochin. In women's section, Kerala defeated Delhi 66-42 with Stephy Nixon scoring 20 points. South East Central Railway beat Karnataka 73-55. Pushpa Bharati was the top-scorer with 27 points for Railways.
Men's results: Punjab Police 72 (Ranbeer Singh 22, Amritpal Singh 15, Harminder Singh 10) bt Vijaya Bank 61 (Arvind 17, Srinivas Naik 17, Basavraj 14); IAF 92(Joginder Singh 21, Praveen Kumar 21) bt Central Excise & Customs, Cochin 82 (Basil Philip 25, Evbrick 21, Manoj 14); Women's results: Kerala 66( Stephy Nixon 20, Jeena 19, Poojamol 11) bt Delhi 42 (Raspreet 29); South East Central Railway 73 (Pushpa 27, Bharti 16, Aruna 14) bt Karnataka 55 (Savitha 13,Sagarika 12).
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post