Punjab Sahit Ratan awards announced
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Sahit Ratan and Sharomani awards were Thursday announced by the Punjab government and will be given by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on November 17.
Mohinder Kaur Gill and Prem Parkash Khannvi will be given Sahit Ratan awards for 2010 and 2011 respectively, Education Minister Sikandar Singh Maluka said adding that the award consists of Rs 5 lakh cash.
Sharomani Punjabi Sahitkar award for 2010 will be awarded to Tejwant Mann and Surjit Hans will get it for 2011.
The Sharomani Hindi Sahitkar Award and Sharomani Urdu Sahitkar Award for 2011 will be given to Krishan Kumar Rattu and Rubina Shabnam respectively.
Shiv Kumar Bharadwaj of Dehradun has been selected for the Sharomani Sanskrit Award 2010, and Mahesh Chandar Gautam for 2011, the minister added.
He said that the prominent Sharomani Punjabi Poet award would be given to Surinder Gill for the year 2010 and the award for the same category for 2011 would be awarded to Surjit Judge.
Likewise, Sharomani Punjabi Critics (Alochak)/ Gyan Sahit award will be given to Harbhajan Singh Bhatia for 2010 and Sarup Singh Alag for 2011. He said that to recognise the contribution of Punjabi poets, residing outside country, the state government has decided to honour Veena Sharma for 2010 and Jarnail Singh for 2011 in the category of Sharomani Punjabi Sahitkar (Foreign).
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’