Punjab Technical University allows admission in second semester of BTech, MBA courses
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Students who have been aspiring to join BTech and MBA courses can now get direct admission in the second semester, decided the authorities of the Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
The university has now allowed admissions in the January session directly in BTech and MBA courses.
The decision was taken because in these courses, the study of the second semester is not dependent on the first semester, the student will not lose any aspect of his or her studies by joining the second semester and completing the first semester after that. As they will join the 2012 session, they will be able to save one precious year of their academic career.
Dr Anshu Kataria, Chairman, Aryans Group of Colleges said that as per the notification of the university, students will be admitted in the January session against the vacant seats of sanctioned intake of the current academic year.
For completing the syllabus of subjects of the first semester, the university has chalked out a special plan. Kataria added that as this choice is not available in Haryana, a large number of students are expected to take admissions in colleges near Chandigarh to avail the benefit of this notification.