Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill, 3 others booked for rape of upcoming model
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Famous Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill and three of his aides were today booked for allegedly raping a model on pretext of arranging "good assignments" for her.
A case of rape and criminal conspiracy was today registered against Nachattar Gill and his three friends.
"The case was registered after detailed investigations on the complaint by a Special Investigation Team, which had been formed to probe the complaint," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Nilambri Jagdely said.
Police said that a complaint was filed by a young woman of Haibowal area with the Ludhiana's Commissioner of Police.
She has alleged that Gill and three of his friends had raped her "several times", first time in a Chandigarh hotel, police said.
The victim has claimed that the singer and his friends had promised to arrange good assignments for her as she was an upcoming model.