Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill, 3 others booked for rape of upcoming model
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Famous Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill and three of his aides were today booked for allegedly raping a model on pretext of arranging "good assignments" for her.
A case of rape and criminal conspiracy was today registered against Nachattar Gill and his three friends.
"The case was registered after detailed investigations on the complaint by a Special Investigation Team, which had been formed to probe the complaint," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Nilambri Jagdely said.
Police said that a complaint was filed by a young woman of Haibowal area with the Ludhiana's Commissioner of Police.
She has alleged that Gill and three of his friends had raped her "several times", first time in a Chandigarh hotel, police said.