Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill, 3 others booked for rape of upcoming model
- Election Commission warns defiant Mamata: May cancel Lok Sabha polls in West Bengal
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress may announce its candidate against Modi from Varanasi today
Famous Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill and three of his aides were today booked for allegedly raping a model on pretext of arranging "good assignments" for her.
A case of rape and criminal conspiracy was today registered against Nachattar Gill and his three friends.
"The case was registered after detailed investigations on the complaint by a Special Investigation Team, which had been formed to probe the complaint," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Nilambri Jagdely said.
Police said that a complaint was filed by a young woman of Haibowal area with the Ludhiana's Commissioner of Police.
She has alleged that Gill and three of his friends had raped her "several times", first time in a Chandigarh hotel, police said.
The victim has claimed that the singer and his friends had promised to arrange good assignments for her as she was an upcoming model.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city