Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill, 3 others booked for rape of upcoming model
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Famous Punjabi folk singer Nachattar Gill and three of his aides were today booked for allegedly raping a model on pretext of arranging "good assignments" for her.
A case of rape and criminal conspiracy was today registered against Nachattar Gill and his three friends.
"The case was registered after detailed investigations on the complaint by a Special Investigation Team, which had been formed to probe the complaint," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana, Nilambri Jagdely said.
Police said that a complaint was filed by a young woman of Haibowal area with the Ludhiana's Commissioner of Police.
She has alleged that Gill and three of his friends had raped her "several times", first time in a Chandigarh hotel, police said.
The victim has claimed that the singer and his friends had promised to arrange good assignments for her as she was an upcoming model.