Punjabi University shooters bring laurels
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
Punjabi University men and women shooters brought laurels to the institution in All-India Inter-University Shooting Championship hosted by Guru Nanak Dev University in Amritsar from January 14 to 18. Punjabi University bagged team gold in Air Pistol Team (men), whereas Sikandar Mann shot individual gold medal in 10 metres Air Pistol Shooting after finishing with 578 out of 600.
Gurjot Kaur Sidhu claimed Individual bronze medal in Air Rifle women. Under the coaching of Swaranjit Kaur and manager Jashanbir Singh, the Air Rifle men's team won silver medal. Jaskaranjit Singh finished fourth in Air Rifle (Men) after getting 586 out of 600.
Dr. Raj Kumar Sharma, Director Sports Department congratulated the team and officials and gave a warm welcome to them in sports department of Punjabi University. Assistant Director Dr. Gurdeep Kaur & Mohinderpal Kaur, Dalbir Singh Kaleka, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Dal Singh Brar, Princeinder Singh, Jaswant Singh, Jiwanjot Singh, Mukesh Chaudhary, Harpreetinder Singh and Parvesh Kumar were also present.