Punjabi University shooters bring laurels
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Punjabi University men and women shooters brought laurels to the institution in All-India Inter-University Shooting Championship hosted by Guru Nanak Dev University in Amritsar from January 14 to 18. Punjabi University bagged team gold in Air Pistol Team (men), whereas Sikandar Mann shot individual gold medal in 10 metres Air Pistol Shooting after finishing with 578 out of 600.
Gurjot Kaur Sidhu claimed Individual bronze medal in Air Rifle women. Under the coaching of Swaranjit Kaur and manager Jashanbir Singh, the Air Rifle men's team won silver medal. Jaskaranjit Singh finished fourth in Air Rifle (Men) after getting 586 out of 600.
Dr. Raj Kumar Sharma, Director Sports Department congratulated the team and officials and gave a warm welcome to them in sports department of Punjabi University. Assistant Director Dr. Gurdeep Kaur & Mohinderpal Kaur, Dalbir Singh Kaleka, Dr. Manmohan Singh, Dal Singh Brar, Princeinder Singh, Jaswant Singh, Jiwanjot Singh, Mukesh Chaudhary, Harpreetinder Singh and Parvesh Kumar were also present.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly