Pushing 33 per cent quota for women in police force: Sheila
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
"Delhi's burgeoning population trend is further exacerbated by the continuous and unbridled influx of people from all over the country. Higher wages, better educational and health care facilities, more employment opportunities are some of the factors responsible for the continuous influx," she said.
While acknowledging the contribution of migrants in evolution of an "eclectic culture" in the city, Dikshit said the ever increasing population had put enormous pressure on housing, sanitation, power, water, sewerage, solid waste management, public health and transport system.