Pvt bus provider had submitted documents of other buses
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A day after Pune Regional Transport Office (RTO) took action against nearly 30 buses that were ferrying schoolchildren from PMC-run schools on a trip for plying without mandatory special permit, it has come to light that the private bus provider concerned had submitted to the civic body documents, including special permits, of different buses.
The PMC education board had appointed Ravindra Chavan, proprietor, Rajgad Water Park, to supply buses for students' trip and the firm allegedly endangered the safety of hundreds of students by taking the civic body for a ride.
"Rajgad Water Park submitted with us all necessary documents of all around 50 buses that to be used for trips, before the tour began. The RTO action came as a shock to us and has exposed the firm's wrongdoing," said Shivaji Daundkar, administrative head, PMC education board.
He said the issue of students' safety being neglected would be discussed in the forthcoming education board meeting. Action would be considered against Rajgad Water Park, adding that the firm could be blacklisted.
On Saturday, RTO authorities took action against around 30 buses ferrying over 1,000 students of Classes III-VII from PMC-run schools without mandatory special permits, which are issued only after the vehicle is found complying with fitness norms and having paid dues related to insurance and road tax.
The RTO crackdown, which was done near Khed-Shivapur toll booth on Pune-Bangalore highway, delayed the trip, which was organised by the PMC education board for first time in the past few years.
Students were divided into groups for the one-day trip, which was planned at selected locations around Pune such as Sinhgad fort , Rajgad Fort and Baramati for each group.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it