Pvt cos buying from CIL won’t need security deposit
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Power minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has been told by his coal counterpart that pending formal re-allocation of three blocks, Chatti-Bariatu, Kerandari and Chatti-Bariatu (South), NTPC can formally apply for new coal blocks which has been advertised by the coal ministry. Once the procedural issues are sorted out, the three blocks would be restored to the power giant, the official said.
"Please appreciate that despite our willingness to ink FSAs some power companies are yet to do it. They are not doing so because they are comfortable getting the fuel through the MoU route. We cannot be held accountable for their indifference," another coal ministry official said.