PWD pays MC Rs 8.30 lakh for damaging sewer lines
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
The public works department (PWD) has paid Rs 8.30 lakh to the Municipal Corporation (MC) for damaging a sewerage pipe at the Ferozepur road about 2 months back, when the department was widening a rail bridge.
The work had damaged the sewerage pipes of Verka milk plant, a man hole and a few other sewer lines that had been connected to BRS Nagar and its adjoining colonies.
While the city civic body conducted repair work at the BRS Nagar area by itself, it refused to lay the sewerage pipe of Verka milk plant as it blamed PWD for the damage.
The matter was then taken to High Court before the PWD finally decided to pay MC for a new sewer line.
Commissioner Ishwar Singh on Tuesday said Ferozepur road Verka milk plant will remain closed to traffic between January 22-24 so that sewer line can be laid and urged public to take alternate routes.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit