PYC wins Varroc Cup
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
PYC Club won the PCMC's Varroc Cup held at the PCMC's Varroc Vengsarkar Academy ground recently.
PYC won the tournament on the basis of the highest 10 points in the league stages. In the last league also, PYC outplayed Deccan Gymkhana. Cadence CA secured eight points, thereby becoming the runners up.
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi was the chief guest for inaugural function.
In his speech, he said that PCMC was planning a sports policy, with emphasis on development of talented players.
Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar said youngsters must not neglect studies at the cost of the game. One must practice regularly and at same time manage their studies as well. Varroc vice-president M P Sharma, Hemant Jain Raju Bhalekar Satish Dareka Sr and PCMC coach Raju Kotwal were also present.
Deccan GymKhana Club
1st innings: 93 in 41.2 overs Dhiraj Phatan Gare 43; Prasant Patil 26; Pratik Challare 4/28 Sangram Bahalekar 3/6 Sudhirshinde 3/14.
2nd Innings 70 in 34.4 overs
Atharva Inamdar 19; Prakhar Gupta 3/9, Sangram Bhalekar 4/7, Lost to PYC Club 8/199 in 54 overs
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might