PYC wins Varroc Cup
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
PYC Club won the PCMC's Varroc Cup held at the PCMC's Varroc Vengsarkar Academy ground recently.
PYC won the tournament on the basis of the highest 10 points in the league stages. In the last league also, PYC outplayed Deccan Gymkhana. Cadence CA secured eight points, thereby becoming the runners up.
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi was the chief guest for inaugural function.
In his speech, he said that PCMC was planning a sports policy, with emphasis on development of talented players.
Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar said youngsters must not neglect studies at the cost of the game. One must practice regularly and at same time manage their studies as well. Varroc vice-president M P Sharma, Hemant Jain Raju Bhalekar Satish Dareka Sr and PCMC coach Raju Kotwal were also present.
Deccan GymKhana Club
1st innings: 93 in 41.2 overs Dhiraj Phatan Gare 43; Prasant Patil 26; Pratik Challare 4/28 Sangram Bahalekar 3/6 Sudhirshinde 3/14.
2nd Innings 70 in 34.4 overs
Atharva Inamdar 19; Prakhar Gupta 3/9, Sangram Bhalekar 4/7, Lost to PYC Club 8/199 in 54 overs
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages