Qatar Airways sells stake in Cargolux carrier
- LIVE: Ashutosh taken away for questioning; AAP gets EC notice over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
The head of Qatar Airways says the carrier has sold its entire 35 percent stake on the freight hauler Cargolux back to authorities in Luxembourg.
The move comes just months after Qatar Airways boosted cargo services to the US via Cargolux's base. Qatar Airways bought the 35 percent stake in Cargolux in June.
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar al-Baker says the deal was finalized Jan. 1 to sell the share back to the Luxembourg state. He told reporters Sunday that Luxembourg viewed Cargolux as a national carrier that should be fully owned by the state.
Al-Baker said the Doha-based airline is not actively seeking any new alliances or purchases, but is carefully studying reforms that could open the Indian market.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students