- 'Narendra Modi's bad cop': The Amit Shah you didn’t know
- Hollande in India: Counter-terrorism, space, energy on the table
- Pathankot attack: India has given fresh evidence, we will verify it, says Nawaz Sharif
- Tamil Nadu: Three suicides over fees but no rooms, teachers in medical college
- If I see a wall, I will scale it or if needed, break it: Tassaduq Hussain Mufti
Ultratech Cement Q3 net at Rs 601 crore
MUMBAI: Impacted by higher raw material and logistics costs, Ultratech Cement's third quarter net profit dipped marginally to Rs 601 crore, from Rs 617 crore in the same quarter last fiscal. Net sales of the company, however, increased to Rs 4,857 crore in Q3, compared to Rs 4,565 crore in the same period a year ago, Ultratech Cement said in a statement on Saturday. Total expenses of the company rose to Rs 4,072 crore from Rs 3,833 crore a year ago. The company's on-going capacity expansion plans towards setting up of additional clinkerisation plants at Chhattisgarh and Karnataka were on track.
Network18, TV18 turn profitable in Q3
NEW DELHI: Led by strong performances in broadcasting and digital businesses, Network18 Media and Investments posted a consolidated net profit of Rs 6.84 crore for October-December 2012 period, after many quarters of loss. Its arm, TV18 Broadcast, also turned profitable with a consolidated net profit of Rs 21.3 crore for the reported quarter. The entities had a net loss of Rs 22.57 crore (Network18) and Rs 40.6 crore (TV18) in the previous sequential quarter as well. Network18's consolidated revenues for the third quarter of this financial year stood at Rs 697.4 crore, up about 52 per cent from 510.08 crore in the same period last year.
Mahindra Lifespace Q3 net dips 66%
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'