Quest Scholars: Response by Manisha Arora to question for September 30
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
Most of the kids at my school and locality never hang out. All you hear is "Are you going on Facebook tonight?"
"Why didn't you respond to my post?"Social media, the Internet and reality television have become increasingly accessible to young people.
But the question is 'What are the teens actually doing on social media? Simple! They're following their favourite teen
celebrities and shows. Be it their favourite love teams on television, or their favourite
vampire and gossip shows, teenagers have somehow been drawn to all of these on social media.
Watching these shows from our living rooms makes us feel connected to
Using social media gives a star the chance to talk to his or her fans in a relatively safe environment.
Since people love "talking to" their favourite stars, this endears celebrities to their adoring hoards even more.
Daily tweets, status updates, or photos keep celebrities in the public eye while those celebrities who aren't active on social media fail to connect.
Institue: St.Mark's school, New Delhi