- With Air Force flypast, Republic Day parade concludes at Rajpath
- Republic Day celebrations pass off peacefully in Kashmir
- India, France talk tough on terror, stuck on Rafale price
- Continue to complain, rebel, demand, President Pranab Mukherjee tells nation
- Tamil Nadu suicides: College owner turns herself in
ArcelorMittal to sell 50% in Kalagadi Mang for $447 m
ArcelorMittal on Thursday said it has reached a pact to sell its 50% stake in South African miner Kalagadi Manganese for $447 million to chairperson of joint venture partner Kalahari Resources. "A definitive agreement has been reached whereby Mashile-Nkosi, or her nominee will acquire ArcelorMittal's 50% interest in Kalagadi Manganese," ArcelorMittal said in a statement. The company said it will receive "a cash consideration of not less than R3,900 crore, or $447 million, on closing of a sale and purchase agreement."
RIL gets nod to drill a well in D-19 field
Upstream oil regulator DGH has given nod to Reliance Industries (RIL) to drill a well as part of the $1.529 billion plan to develop four satellite gas fields around the now flagging main fields in the eastern offshore KG-D6 block. The Directorate General of Hydrocarbons (DGH) on November 2 wrote to the Joint Secretary (Exploration) in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas that one development well KG-D6-G2 in the Dhirubhai-19 or D-19 field may be agreed. D-19 is one of the four satellite gas field whose optimised field development plan was approved in January this year, the DGH wrote.
Audi to hike price of cars by 5% from January
Close on the heels of BMW announcing a 10% hike in prices of its cars from January 1, rival luxury carmaker Audi has also said that it will increase prices by 5% across its entire model range from the same date. "The overall market scenario is challenging. The rise in input cost, depreciating rupee as well as continuous increase in fuel prices have made us re-evaluate our pricing strategy in India," said Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India. However, the third major player in the segment, Mercedes-Benz, is yet to announce any such price increase.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?