- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Steel and power producer Monnet Ispat and Energy's standalone net profit declined by 7.34% at R71.29 crore in the second quarter of the current fiscal on higher finance costs and tax expenses. The company had reported R76.94 crore net profit in the July-September quarter of the last fiscal, it said in a filing to the BSE. Net income of the company during the quarter, however, went up to R549.40 crore compared with R458.55 crore in the year ago period.
Vedanta seeks Moily's nod for exploration
Vedanta Resources chairman Anil Agarwal has sought intervention of the new oil minister M Veerappa Moily to help his group firm Cairn India raise output from the Rajasthan oil fields by allowing further exploration the prolific block. Cairn India is looking to increase Rajasthan field output from current level of 175,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 300,000 bpd (15 million tons per annum) and had several months back made an application to the oil ministry seeking permission to explore within the ring-fenced development area that contains 25 oil and gas finds.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully