R K Laxman's family recalls bond with cartoonist Bal Thackeray
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Even though they worked together in Free Press Journal way back in 1947 as political cartoonists, the bond between Bal Thackeray and legendary R.K.Laxman remained intact thorough the passage of time, spanning decades.
The last gesture the Shiv Sena supremo made to his cartoonist friend was sending of a bouquet to Laxman at his Pune residence when the latter turned 91 on October 24, Usha, daughter-in-law of R.K.Laxman said.
"Their emotional attachment had become more intense in the last few years after RK suffered a stroke. Balasaheb visited him in Breach Candy hospital to boost his spirit saying the mind should triumph over body," she recalled.
In a rare visit outside Mumbai earlier this year, Thackeray came down to Pune to meet ailing Laxman at his residence in the city and spent almost an hour with him.
"He even recommended a homoeopath to treat his ailment and presented a silver image of Saibaba", she said, adding the family deeply grieved the demise of someone who was close to them.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress