R K Singh likely to join BJP today
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Former Union Home Secretary R K Singh is all set to join the BJP on Friday ahead of the Lok Sabha elections next year, party sources claimed.
Singh, who retired as the Home Secretary in June, was instrumental in the arrest of L K Advani during his Rath Yatra in 1990 that led to the parting of ways between the Janata Dal and BJP resulting into the fall of the V P Singh government.
The former Home Secretary was learnt to be wooed by Nitish Kumar in Bihar with an offer of Cabinet rank position in the state government. However, sources claimed Singh refused the offer at the insistence of BJP leaders who reached out to him during this period.
Singh has earned a name for himself in Bihar as part of troika of IAS officers that dismantled an alleged cooperative mafia in the state during the Bhagwat Jha Azad government in the 1980s.
Singh's induction is likely to take place in the presence of BJP president Rajnath Singh along with senior leaders Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain and party's state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan.