R K Singh likely to join BJP today
- Lalit Modi to P Chidambaram: My passport was cancelled illegally by you
- Delhi Police to file chargesheet against Arvind Kejriwal, 20 AAP MLAs
- IIT JEE (Advanced) 2015 results out, MP girl Satvat Jagwani tops exam
- CBI registers case against Shankersinh Vaghela in land scam case
- Congress guns for resignations of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
Former Union Home Secretary R K Singh is all set to join the BJP on Friday ahead of the Lok Sabha elections next year, party sources claimed.
Singh, who retired as the Home Secretary in June, was instrumental in the arrest of L K Advani during his Rath Yatra in 1990 that led to the parting of ways between the Janata Dal and BJP resulting into the fall of the V P Singh government.
The former Home Secretary was learnt to be wooed by Nitish Kumar in Bihar with an offer of Cabinet rank position in the state government. However, sources claimed Singh refused the offer at the insistence of BJP leaders who reached out to him during this period.
Singh has earned a name for himself in Bihar as part of troika of IAS officers that dismantled an alleged cooperative mafia in the state during the Bhagwat Jha Azad government in the 1980s.
Singh's induction is likely to take place in the presence of BJP president Rajnath Singh along with senior leaders Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain and party's state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan.