R R Patil says Congress a pain for NCP
- 13 MLAs desert Lalu for Nitish, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul targets Modi for divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil came down heavily upon the Congress on Sunday and said the party has become "a pain" for the NCP.
"Because of the Congress party's corrupt practices and its leaders going to jail, the Congress has become a pain for the NCP," Patil said while addressing a party election rally for the November 4 civic elections at Dahanu in Thane district.
In his hard hitting speech, he said that the Congress had become a liability for the NCP.
"There was a time when Congress leaders fought the British and were imprisoned, but today Congress leaders are imprisoned for rampant corrupt practices," he said.
Elections to the Dahanu Municipal Council will be held on November 4 and the counting on the next day.
There are 100 candidates in the fray for 23 seats in the council and around 37,000 voters will cast their votes to select their representatives.
Like the Congress and the NCP, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are also contesting municipal council elections on their own.
- BJP takes a leaf out of AAP, asks cadre to wear saffron caps
- Curator says Gambhir abused him, player calls it ‘fiction’
- AAP plea against President’s rule: SC will only examine constitutional issues
- Canadian Governor General’s gift to national capital — an Inuksuk
- Living on a prayer
- Man kills wife, 2 daughters, commits suicide: Police