R R Patil says Congress a pain for NCP
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil came down heavily upon the Congress on Sunday and said the party has become "a pain" for the NCP.
"Because of the Congress party's corrupt practices and its leaders going to jail, the Congress has become a pain for the NCP," Patil said while addressing a party election rally for the November 4 civic elections at Dahanu in Thane district.
In his hard hitting speech, he said that the Congress had become a liability for the NCP.
"There was a time when Congress leaders fought the British and were imprisoned, but today Congress leaders are imprisoned for rampant corrupt practices," he said.
Elections to the Dahanu Municipal Council will be held on November 4 and the counting on the next day.
There are 100 candidates in the fray for 23 seats in the council and around 37,000 voters will cast their votes to select their representatives.
Like the Congress and the NCP, the Shiv Sena and the BJP are also contesting municipal council elections on their own.