'R... Rajkumar' is Shahid Kapoor's biggest opener, earns Rs 30 cr
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Shahid Kapoor's 'R... Rajkumar', which was panned by critics, has received a positive response at the box office and the movie has collected over Rs 30 crore in its opening weekend.
Prabhu Dheva directed 'R... Rajkumar', which was declared by a few critics as the 'Worst movie of the Year', is surprisigly doing well in many regions.
Interestingly, R... Rajkumar is also Shahid's biggest opener till date and did a business of about Rs 10 crore on Friday.
The film tops the list also of being the highest Opening Weekend grosser for Shahid Kapoor, collecting Rs. 30.59 crores, overtaking his previous releases 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' which collected Rs. 21.25 crores and 'Mausam' which collected Rs. 20.75 crores.
It seems the movie's hit songs 'Gandi Baat' and 'Sari Ka Fall' managed to woo voters to the cinema halls.
Here's a break up of how Shahid's films have done in the past.