'R... Rajkumar' is Shahid Kapoor's biggest opener, earns Rs 30 cr
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Shahid Kapoor's 'R... Rajkumar', which was panned by critics, has received a positive response at the box office and the movie has collected over Rs 30 crore in its opening weekend.
Prabhu Dheva directed 'R... Rajkumar', which was declared by a few critics as the 'Worst movie of the Year', is surprisigly doing well in many regions.
Interestingly, R... Rajkumar is also Shahid's biggest opener till date and did a business of about Rs 10 crore on Friday.
The film tops the list also of being the highest Opening Weekend grosser for Shahid Kapoor, collecting Rs. 30.59 crores, overtaking his previous releases 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' which collected Rs. 21.25 crores and 'Mausam' which collected Rs. 20.75 crores.
It seems the movie's hit songs 'Gandi Baat' and 'Sari Ka Fall' managed to woo voters to the cinema halls.
Here's a break up of how Shahid's films have done in the past.