Raahat ensures win for Vivek Academy team
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Led by Raahat Kataria's knock of 42 runs, Vivek High Asian Cricket Academy juniors team recorded a 20-run win over Royal Cricket Academy (Haryana) in a match played during the ongoing 2nd Sardar Bhagwant Singh Memorial cricket tournament at Vivek High School, Sector 38, Chandigarh on Monday. Vivek High Asian Cricket Academy Juniors scored 192 runs for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Raahat Kataria (42) and Kabir Bedi (32) were the main scorers for the Vivek team. In reply, Royal Cricket Academy (Haryana) were bowled out for 172 runs in 18.2 overs.
SGGS College bag netball title
Chandigarh: Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Sector 26 defeated GGD SD College, Sector 32 by 45-22 in the final of the Panjab University Inter-College (men) Championship, to clinch the netball title. Meanwhile, in the match to decide third and fourth positions, PU Campus prevailed over Post Graduate Government College, Sector 11 by 28-16.
Masters athletic meet on February 16
Panchkula: The Panchkula District Masters Athletic Meet will be held on February 16 at Tau Devi Lal Stadium, Sector 3, Panchkula. Keeping in mind the performances during the meet, Panchkula team will be selected for their participation in the 34th Masters Athletic Championship to be held at Bangalore in May. Acclaimed athletes like RK Sharma, Col. C.P. Vij, Jaspinder Singh and G.S.Saunkhla, who have won numerous medals at international and national level, will be seen in action.
Akash, Hitesh shine in KVS-47 win
Chandigarh: A good show by their forwards guided Kendriya Vidyalaya School, Sector 47 to 13-7 win over Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 23 in the opening match in the men's category of the 33rd Senior State Handball Championship, at DAV Senior Secondary School, Sector 8 on Monday. Kendriya Vidayalaya School, Sector 47 were leading by 7-4 at half-time. For the winning team, Akash Chahal and Hitesh scored four goals each while Dinesh Singh bagged three goals. For the losing side, Suraj and Shubhman scored two goals each. In the women's category, GMSSS Sector 23 Coaching Centre, scored a narrow 9-6 win over Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sector 26. For GMSSS-23, Manika scored a hat-trick while Shama Parveen and Kusam Lata scored a brace each. For the losing side, Tvesa scored a brace.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words