Race to grab top BJP job on in Haryana
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
However, the party always preferred him for his oratory skills. He has got support at the high command level, due to his old contacts. He is leaving no stone unturned to end his more than a decade long hibernation by grabbing the top post.
Another contender for the post is Rohtak leader Captain Abhimanyu, who lost his first electoral battle to CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda and then his (CM) son, Deepender Hooda, in the Rohtak Lok Sabha seat. Manohar Lal Khattar, another leader from Rohtak, enjoys the support of the RSS and his claim to the post is considered no less significant because of Sangh's powerful hold in the area.