Rafael Nadal must show form of old: Murray
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
Brit tennis ace Andy Murray has claimed Rafael Nadal must show form of old if he is to spread fear among rivals on his return from injury, adding the Spaniard might take some time to return to his best.
Nadal will on Tuesday begin tennis's most anticipated comeback since Bjorn Borg dusted off his wooden racket in 1991. After seven months out with a knee injury, Nadal rejoins the tour as the world No 5, as well as the top seed in low-profile clay court tournaments in Chile, Brazil and Mexico, the Telegraph reports. Asked whether the returning Nadal would still inspire the same sense of awe in lesser-ranked opponents, Murray replied he doesn't think straightaway he would be the same player.
Murray added the first weeks you would think people would be expecting Nadal not to be at his highest level, adding they will believe they will be able to upset him. The US Open champion said over time, that aura comes with winning, confidence, adding if Nadal wins the first two or three tournaments back in South America, that changes and people will be worrying about him getting back to his top form quickly. Murray added we will just have to see how Nadal does at the tournaments but he will get it back again and he expects him to stay around the top of the game for a few years for sure.
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Cong screening panel okays Bansal’s name for LS ticket
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesn’t know password
- PM heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
- SP, BSP, Cong looting country: Rajnath
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today