Ragala Venkat Rahul bags 3 more golds for India in Asian Youth Weightlifting
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Ragala Venkat Rahul won three gold medals to help India increase their medals tally to seven on the second day of the 14th Asian Youth (Boys & Girls) Weightlifting Championships at Yangon, Myanmar today.
Competing in the 77kg weight category, Rahul secured the yellow metals in snatch, clean and jerk and overall with a total lift of 280 kgs.
Rahul, who is also competing in the junior section, only took two lifts -- one each in snatch and in clean and jerk – to secure the three gold medals.
Earlier, riding on Aruna Santa's two gold medals and a bronze in boys 56kg class India won four medals on the opening day of the championship yesterday.
Santa won a bronze in snatch with a lift of 95kg before securing a gold each in clean and jerk and total lift with efforts of 126 kg and 221 kg respectively.
Chandrika Tarafdar won the other medal for India yesterday in youth girls' 44kg category. She won a silver with a total lift of 132 kg.