Ragala Venkat Rahul bags 3 more golds for India in Asian Youth Weightlifting
- âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Narendra Modi sent emissaries to open talks on Kashmir: Geelani
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Probe Ajit Pawar tape âthreateningâ to cut water supply: EC tells Pune collector
Ragala Venkat Rahul won three gold medals to help India increase their medals tally to seven on the second day of the 14th Asian Youth (Boys & Girls) Weightlifting Championships at Yangon, Myanmar today.
Competing in the 77kg weight category, Rahul secured the yellow metals in snatch, clean and jerk and overall with a total lift of 280 kgs.
Rahul, who is also competing in the junior section, only took two lifts -- one each in snatch and in clean and jerk – to secure the three gold medals.
Earlier, riding on Aruna Santa's two gold medals and a bronze in boys 56kg class India won four medals on the opening day of the championship yesterday.
Santa won a bronze in snatch with a lift of 95kg before securing a gold each in clean and jerk and total lift with efforts of 126 kg and 221 kg respectively.
Chandrika Tarafdar won the other medal for India yesterday in youth girls' 44kg category. She won a silver with a total lift of 132 kg.