Raghav upsets top seed
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
New Delhi: Top seed IB Akshay's campaign in U-16 National tennis championships ended on Tuesday after he suffered a defeat at the hands of Raghav Jaisinghani. Akshay surrendered meekly to Raghav, going down 2-6 3-6 at the RK Khanna Tennis Complex.
Sixth seed Deepak Vishwakarma and seventh seed Dhruv Pal Singh were other seeded players to make an early exit from the tournament. Second seed Vishnu B Prasad, meanwhile, had to put up a tough fight before he could overcome Kushan Nath to make it to the third round with a 6-2 3-6 7-5 win.
In contrast, fourth seed Fatehdeep Singh of Punjab exercised complete control during the 6-1 6-0 mauling of Siddharth Anand. M Sai Nikhil also edged past Deepak with a 7-5 6-4 win, while Aryan Goves thrashed Dhruv 6-2 6-1. The 9th seed Raswant Ravi was also sent packing. He could hardly pose a threat to Dalwinder Singh who strolled into the next round with a 6-4 6-1 win.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express