Raghav upsets top seed
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
New Delhi: Top seed IB Akshay's campaign in U-16 National tennis championships ended on Tuesday after he suffered a defeat at the hands of Raghav Jaisinghani. Akshay surrendered meekly to Raghav, going down 2-6 3-6 at the RK Khanna Tennis Complex.
Sixth seed Deepak Vishwakarma and seventh seed Dhruv Pal Singh were other seeded players to make an early exit from the tournament. Second seed Vishnu B Prasad, meanwhile, had to put up a tough fight before he could overcome Kushan Nath to make it to the third round with a 6-2 3-6 7-5 win.
In contrast, fourth seed Fatehdeep Singh of Punjab exercised complete control during the 6-1 6-0 mauling of Siddharth Anand. M Sai Nikhil also edged past Deepak with a 7-5 6-4 win, while Aryan Goves thrashed Dhruv 6-2 6-1. The 9th seed Raswant Ravi was also sent packing. He could hardly pose a threat to Dalwinder Singh who strolled into the next round with a 6-4 6-1 win.