Raghuram Rajan 'foreigner': Homework done
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi has given a notice of calling attention in Parliament asking how a foreigner could be appointed RBI Governor. The new RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan completed his BTech from IIT Delhi followed by an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad before he went to MIT and has spent several years as a professional in the US. He, however, holds an Indian passport and is learnt to have provided a copy of the same to the government for submission to the Speaker's office. The evidence of Rajan's nationality in hard copy will be handed over to Joshi to put the matter to rest.