Raghuram Rajan 'foreigner': Homework done
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi has given a notice of calling attention in Parliament asking how a foreigner could be appointed RBI Governor. The new RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan completed his BTech from IIT Delhi followed by an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad before he went to MIT and has spent several years as a professional in the US. He, however, holds an Indian passport and is learnt to have provided a copy of the same to the government for submission to the Speaker's office. The evidence of Rajan's nationality in hard copy will be handed over to Joshi to put the matter to rest.