Raghuram Rajan 'foreigner': Homework done
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi has given a notice of calling attention in Parliament asking how a foreigner could be appointed RBI Governor. The new RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan completed his BTech from IIT Delhi followed by an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad before he went to MIT and has spent several years as a professional in the US. He, however, holds an Indian passport and is learnt to have provided a copy of the same to the government for submission to the Speaker's office. The evidence of Rajan's nationality in hard copy will be handed over to Joshi to put the matter to rest.