Rahul an 'innocent child' who reads whatever given to him: Azam Khan
- PM Modi at IMF summit: India is a ray of hope for global economic recovery
- You cannot demand Azadi using the excuse of 'freedom of speech': Goa minister tells Kanhaiya
- Fraud Office probes 17 firms who took loans to fund Vijay Mallya
- First lookout notice against Vijay Mallya was a mistake: CBI
- If we damn ourselves, why will world take note of us: PM Modi on Sri Sri’s stage
In remarks laced with sarcasm, SP leader Azam Khan has said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is an 'innocent child' who reads from the dais whatever is given to him in writing.
"Rahul is an innocent child...though Ramdev too calls him so, but I will call him innocent as he reads whatever is given to him in writing," the UP Cabinet Minister told reporters in Badaun, Uttar Pradesh, on Friday night.
He claimed that Rahul had called saw mills plywood factories while addressing a rally in the state. On Rahul's allegation that the SP government is triggering riots, Khan hit back saying "It was Congress which laid the foundation of communal clashes."
"Congress ruled the country for more than 50 years after Independence and it triggered numerous riots," Khan alleged.
Azam, who was here to meet the family of five persons of minority community who were murdered, said that he is satisfied with the working of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Azam said the day he would feel that Akhilesh was not living up to the expectations, he would be the first person to withdraw from the government.
When asked about his recent meeting with controversial Independent MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, who was yesterday re-inducted into the UP Cabinet, Khan said he met the MLA as he honours human relationship very much.
Azam said that the meeting turn out to be a boon for Raja Bhaiya as he got Cabinet rank the very next day.
Raja Bhaiya was re-inducted into the UP Cabinet on Friday, seven months after he had to step down in the wake of killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh.
- India needs a stabilisation sovereign wealth fund
- In spite of attempts to dress it as one, Aadhaar bill is not a money bill
- Budget 2016-17 should be regarded as perhaps the best budget since 1996
- The rivalry between PPP, MQM and militants is destroying Pakistan’s most important city
- India, Mexico have a long tradition of friendship. They must seize the future
- After JNU, an alliance between Dalits, Muslims against the idea of one nation is projected