Rahul Gandhi suspends NSUI Mumbai chief Suraj Singh Thakur for indecent behaviour
- BJP fields ex-Army chief V K Singh against Raj Bhabbar from Ghaziabad
- Congress third list out; Azhar to fight from Sawai Madhopur, Kalmadi won't get Pune
- Elections LIVE: AAP says Arvind Kejriwal will take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi
- Crimea treaty fallout: Russia suspended from G8, says it will retailiate against sanctions
- Ironically Cong leader Manoharsinh Jadeja was first to call Modi 'incorruptible', show Wikileaks cable
National Students Union of India (NSUI) has suspended Suraj Singh Thakur, president of the Mumbai unit of the students wing of Congress, for indecent behaviour. The suspension order was signed by NSUI national president Rohit Chaudhary following instruction by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, party sources here said - reports allege he danced naked at a party.
Thakur has been held guilty of indecent behaviour at a camp organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Leadership Training Institute at a resort in Panvel in March.
A complaint against Thakur was made to Rahul Gandhi after which a probe was ordered and sources said that Thakur was suspended on completion of the enquiry.