Rahul Gandhi suspends NSUI Mumbai chief Suraj Singh Thakur for indecent behaviour
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
National Students Union of India (NSUI) has suspended Suraj Singh Thakur, president of the Mumbai unit of the students wing of Congress, for indecent behaviour. The suspension order was signed by NSUI national president Rohit Chaudhary following instruction by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, party sources here said - reports allege he danced naked at a party.
Thakur has been held guilty of indecent behaviour at a camp organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Leadership Training Institute at a resort in Panvel in March.
A complaint against Thakur was made to Rahul Gandhi after which a probe was ordered and sources said that Thakur was suspended on completion of the enquiry.