Rahul Gandhi suspends NSUI Mumbai chief Suraj Singh Thakur for indecent behaviour
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
National Students Union of India (NSUI) has suspended Suraj Singh Thakur, president of the Mumbai unit of the students wing of Congress, for indecent behaviour. The suspension order was signed by NSUI national president Rohit Chaudhary following instruction by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, party sources here said - reports allege he danced naked at a party.
Thakur has been held guilty of indecent behaviour at a camp organised by Jawaharlal Nehru Leadership Training Institute at a resort in Panvel in March.
A complaint against Thakur was made to Rahul Gandhi after which a probe was ordered and sources said that Thakur was suspended on completion of the enquiry.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer