Rahul Gandhi to meet Congress leaders from northeast today
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will hold talks with Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chiefs from the Northeast here today.
This is the second part of such consultations with state leaders, the earlier being held ten days back.State leaders from the Northeast had not attended those deliberations due to the assembly polls in Nagaland, Mizoram and Meghalaya.
Gandhi had earlier held discussions with the AICC office-bearers about the challenges confronting the party and the way ahead. The deliberations with state leaders assume significance as assembly elections in nine states, including Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Delhi, are scheduled this year while the Lok Sabha polls are nearly 15 months away.