Rahul Gandhi to meet Congress leaders from northeast today
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will hold talks with Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chiefs from the Northeast here today.
This is the second part of such consultations with state leaders, the earlier being held ten days back.State leaders from the Northeast had not attended those deliberations due to the assembly polls in Nagaland, Mizoram and Meghalaya.
Gandhi had earlier held discussions with the AICC office-bearers about the challenges confronting the party and the way ahead. The deliberations with state leaders assume significance as assembly elections in nine states, including Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Delhi, are scheduled this year while the Lok Sabha polls are nearly 15 months away.