Rahul Gandhi to meet Congress leaders from northeast today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will hold talks with Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chiefs from the Northeast here today.
This is the second part of such consultations with state leaders, the earlier being held ten days back.State leaders from the Northeast had not attended those deliberations due to the assembly polls in Nagaland, Mizoram and Meghalaya.
Gandhi had earlier held discussions with the AICC office-bearers about the challenges confronting the party and the way ahead. The deliberations with state leaders assume significance as assembly elections in nine states, including Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Delhi, are scheduled this year while the Lok Sabha polls are nearly 15 months away.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18