Rahul Gandhi to meet Congress leaders from northeast today
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi will hold talks with Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) chiefs from the Northeast here today.
This is the second part of such consultations with state leaders, the earlier being held ten days back.State leaders from the Northeast had not attended those deliberations due to the assembly polls in Nagaland, Mizoram and Meghalaya.
Gandhi had earlier held discussions with the AICC office-bearers about the challenges confronting the party and the way ahead. The deliberations with state leaders assume significance as assembly elections in nine states, including Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Delhi, are scheduled this year while the Lok Sabha polls are nearly 15 months away.