Rahul Gandhi to tell district and Youth Congress chiefs on cash transfer
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
With the government set to launch the direct cash transfer scheme from January 1 in select districts across the country, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will tomorrow brief district Congress and youth presidents about the benefits of the scheme.
He will address district Congress and Youth Congress presidents of 51 districts, where the direct cash transfer scheme is to be implemented from January, explaining the benefits of the measure so that they can relay the same to the people.
The meeting is also aimed at blunting the Opposition criticism of the government measure.
Finance Minister P Chidamabaram also held a meeting of Deputy Commissioners of the districts where the scheme is to be implemented from January 1, besides other officials.
The government has termed the scheme as a "game-changer", with Chidamabaram and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh personally launching the scheme from the Congress headquarters in New Delhi.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress