Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi tomorrow
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
This pocket-borough of Nehru-Gandhi family is gearing up to welcome Rahul Gandhi, who will arrive here tomorrow for the first time after his ascension as Congress vice president.
His two-day visit was cancelled yesterday due to bad weather. Enthusiasm of the locals about his visit could be gaugedfrom the graffiti on the walls and the Congress tricolour painted on them.
Slogans like 'yuvaon ne thana hai, Rahul ko PM banana hai' (Youth have resolved to make Rahul the Prime Minister), 'Yuvaon me hai nayi umang, aao chalo Rahul ke sang' (Youth have new enthusiasm, let us support Rahul) have come up on the walls in the constituency.
After his arrival at the Fursatganj airport, Rahul would hold a road show and inaugurate projects worth Rs 3 crores in Tiloi area, his representative Chandrakant Dubey said today.
On the second day of his visit on Friday, he is scheduled to hold meetings with party workers and office-bearers in Bhetya area before leaving for Delhi.
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition
- Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry to places of worship
- Modi and Obama should wrap up the unfinished tasks in the agenda set by them
- Strong intellectual property rights infrastructure will help Indian industry
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist