Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi tomorrow
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
This pocket-borough of Nehru-Gandhi family is gearing up to welcome Rahul Gandhi, who will arrive here tomorrow for the first time after his ascension as Congress vice president.
His two-day visit was cancelled yesterday due to bad weather. Enthusiasm of the locals about his visit could be gaugedfrom the graffiti on the walls and the Congress tricolour painted on them.
Slogans like 'yuvaon ne thana hai, Rahul ko PM banana hai' (Youth have resolved to make Rahul the Prime Minister), 'Yuvaon me hai nayi umang, aao chalo Rahul ke sang' (Youth have new enthusiasm, let us support Rahul) have come up on the walls in the constituency.
After his arrival at the Fursatganj airport, Rahul would hold a road show and inaugurate projects worth Rs 3 crores in Tiloi area, his representative Chandrakant Dubey said today.
On the second day of his visit on Friday, he is scheduled to hold meetings with party workers and office-bearers in Bhetya area before leaving for Delhi.