Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi tomorrow
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
This pocket-borough of Nehru-Gandhi family is gearing up to welcome Rahul Gandhi, who will arrive here tomorrow for the first time after his ascension as Congress vice president.
His two-day visit was cancelled yesterday due to bad weather. Enthusiasm of the locals about his visit could be gaugedfrom the graffiti on the walls and the Congress tricolour painted on them.
Slogans like 'yuvaon ne thana hai, Rahul ko PM banana hai' (Youth have resolved to make Rahul the Prime Minister), 'Yuvaon me hai nayi umang, aao chalo Rahul ke sang' (Youth have new enthusiasm, let us support Rahul) have come up on the walls in the constituency.
After his arrival at the Fursatganj airport, Rahul would hold a road show and inaugurate projects worth Rs 3 crores in Tiloi area, his representative Chandrakant Dubey said today.
On the second day of his visit on Friday, he is scheduled to hold meetings with party workers and office-bearers in Bhetya area before leaving for Delhi.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held