Rahul Gandhi to visit Jharkhand for 2 days
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Rahul Gandhi is visiting Jharkhand for two days from today to meet Congress leaders, workers and panchayat representatives.
"Rahulji will visit Ranchi today and Bokaro tomorrow to interact with party leaders, workers, panchayat representatives and followers of Tana Bhagat at separate places in the two districts," AICC spokesman Shakeel Ahmed said.
Lamenting at the alleged negligence of the tribal icon Birsa Mund's 'Samadhisthal' in Ranchi despite Rahul's request in 2009 through a letter to the then Governor for a facelift, Ahmed said the AICC general secretary would visit the spot to pay respect to the freedom fighter.
To a query, Ahmed said Rahul's visit would energise the Congress workers and inculcate enthusiasm in the run up to the 2014 Jharkhand Assembly and Lok Sabha elections.