Rahul Gandhi yet to meet us, says Delhi gangrape victim's family
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
The family of the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim om Friday rued that Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi did not come to meet them or even call them up.
"We are sad that Rahul, who is known for visiting people in distress, did not come to meet us. He even did not make a call," the brother of the girl said.
He said when the body of her sister was brought from Singapore, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi had met them but they have not heard anything from Rahul yet.
"The outrage expressed by people of the country over what happened with my sister has proved to be a catalyst for change. We are hopeful that such unfortunate incidents would not recur in the future," he said.
About the allegation made by the lawyer of the accused that they had been tortured by the police, he said whatever they say or do would not help them as there was enough proof regarding the brutal incident.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held