Rahul Gandhi's Odisha visit from tomorrow
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to undertake a two-day visit to Odisha from tomorrow to rejuvenate the party which has been out of power in the state since 2000.
Gandhi, who is visiting the state for the first time after becoming AICC vice-president, would arrive at Sambalpur tomorrow, according to Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik.
During his day-long programme at Sambalpur, he would hold interactions with party chiefs and other functionaries of 17 districts.
He is also likely to address party leaders and elected Sarpanchs, panchayat samiti members, district council members and representatives in urban local bodies from these districts, a senior Congress leader said.
Similarly, Rahul would be interacting with panchayat, block and district-level office-bearers of the Congress from several other districts at a personal level on February 19 at Cuttack, he said.
Gandhi is also scheduled to attend a meeting with members of the extended working committee the same day.
Preparations for Gandhi's visit were supervised by senior leaders including AICC in-charge of Odisha Jagdish Tytler.
"Gandhi's visit is significant as it is the first to Odisha after he was elevated to become second in command in the party," a senior leader said, adding, "At a time when Congress is trying hard to regain power in the state, the visit will encourage party workers."