Rahul Gandhi's visit to Tripura rescheduled
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has rescheduled his election campaign tour to Tripura and will now visit the state on February 11 instead of February 8, the party members said.
Gandhi will visit Tripura for the February 14 Assembly election campaign on February 11 instead of February 8, Tripura Pradesh Congress member Pijush Biswas said.
"He will address a rally at Sonamura sub-divisional town in Sipahijala district, Belonia sub-divisional town in South Tripura district and Dharmanagar town in North Tripura district," he said.
The dates of the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi remain the same, Biswas said.
Singh will arrive at Agartala on February 9 and proceed to Ambassa, headquarter of Dhalai district, to address an election rally. Sonia Gandhi will arrive in Agartala the following day to address public rallies in the state capital and Kumarghat in North Tripura district before returning to New Delhi on the same day, he said.