Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal takes down BJP over PM candidature remark
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Taking a swipe at the debate over the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's prime ministerial candidature, raging within BJP, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal today said there was no need for Congress to do such an exercise as it would take just two hours to name a candidate at the appropriate time.
"Those (BJP) having a dispute over PM's candidature can start a campaign. The Congress doesn't have any such dispute over prime ministerial candidate and would take just two hours to decide when the time comes," the Coal minister said here.
He was replying to a query on senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha suggesting Modi as his party's PM candidate for the 2014 general elections.