Rahul Mahajan's wife alleges domestic violence, walks out
- Paris climate talks: Nearly 200 nations ink deal to slow global warming
- EYE SPECIAL | Who wants to fight this girl?
- Kerala CM Oommen Chandy told to stay away from event to be attended by PM Modi
- N-deal to bullet train to defence: Pacts fast-track India-Japan ties
- No link between GST, National Herald issues: Rahul Gandhi
Kolkata-based model Dimpy Ganguly has walked out of her four-month-old marriage to Rahul Mahajan, son of BJP leader Pramod Mahajan, alleging domestic violence.
Dimpy had married Rahul with much fanfare on the Imagine TV reality show "Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega" in March this year.
"Rahul beat me up early on Thursday morning after waking me up to know the contents of a message that had beeped on my phone. When I asked him to go back to sleep, he flew into a rage and began hitting me. He punched, kicked and dragged me by hair," the 22-year-old model told a TV channel.
Rahul could not be reached over phone for his comments.
This is the second time that Rahul, who was also involved in a drug abuse case, has been accused of domestic violence.
His first wife Shweta Singh, who was his childhood friend, had accused him of physically abusing her. The couple got divorced in 2008 after which Rahul participated in Colors' reality show "Big Boss". He continued to be in the limelight for his closeness with co-contestants Monica Bedi and Payal Rohatgi.
Incidentally, Rohatgi too has alleged harassment by Rahul, saying he has been calling her asking for a second chance.
"I just don't want to be harassed anymore. That's about it. I don't want to speak to him. He is a married guy," Rohatgi said.
- India, Pak inherited a clutch of problems as the inevitable result of Partition
- Sonia Gandhi chose to make a political drama out of a legal matter
- All that makes and breaks the country — faith to family, politics to media
- Urban governments in India are abject failures
- Inside Track: RGF next target?
- Apex court’s decision on Haryana panchayat poll qualifications is disappointing