Rahulís pick defeated in Kerala Youth Congress elections
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR score 163/5 against MI
In the organisational elections of the Youth Congress's Kerala unit held on Tuesday ó after a gap of 30 years ó the Antony group of the party gained victory over the 'I' faction. The Antony group is managed by senior state leader Ommen Chandy and the other group by Kerala Pradesh Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala.
In the election to the post of the state president, 'A' group nominee P C Vishnunath defeated M Liju, who was last year nominated through AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi's talent search. Liju, a confidant of Chennithala, would be the vice-president now. Union minister Vayalar Ravi, Chennithala and K Karunakaran's daughter Padmaja Venugopal had contested under the banner of 'I'.