Rahulís pick defeated in Kerala Youth Congress elections
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
In the organisational elections of the Youth Congress's Kerala unit held on Tuesday ó after a gap of 30 years ó the Antony group of the party gained victory over the 'I' faction. The Antony group is managed by senior state leader Ommen Chandy and the other group by Kerala Pradesh Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala.
In the election to the post of the state president, 'A' group nominee P C Vishnunath defeated M Liju, who was last year nominated through AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi's talent search. Liju, a confidant of Chennithala, would be the vice-president now. Union minister Vayalar Ravi, Chennithala and K Karunakaran's daughter Padmaja Venugopal had contested under the banner of 'I'.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’