Rahul visits Amethi, takes along Omar
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi made a "personal visit" to his Lok Sabha constituency of Amethi along with J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday.
They interacted with self-help groups but did not meet many Congressmen. "Today he just wanted to interact with SHGs, telling Omar about their work," said a party member. "Earlier, when Rahul had gone to J&K, Omar had expressed interest in the running of the SHGs."
Rahul and Omar, accompanied by J&K Congress chief Saifuddin Soz, visited SHGs in Girdhari ka Purva and Kasimpur villages in Tiloi. Rahul urged the SHGs to make use of Central government schemes such as Rajiv Gandhi Mahila Vikas Yojana.
Rahul's sister Priyanka left for Delhi after a two-day visit to Sonia Gandhi's constituency Rae Bareli.
Priyanka's visit was aimed at strengthening the party and gathering inputs for selection of members for the new Rae Bareli district Congress committee.
"A new district Congress committee will be formed and Priyanka wanted to consider everyone's opinion before a decision is taken," said a party worker.
Among those who met Priyanka, some were subtly "interviewed", said a worker. "Her immediate focus was on selecting the DCC president. She is looking for someone with a clean image. She will then constitute the remaining team," he said. Sources said Priyanka will visit Rae Bareli once more before a decision is taken.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'