Rahul’s new team in place
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Ending suspense regarding his new team, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi has finally chosen AICC secretaries Meenakshi Natarajan and Bhanwar Jitendra Singh to assist him. Both the secretaries are in their thirties. So far, Rahul was dependent on a one-man team — Kanishka Singh, son of Rajasthan Governor S K Singh. While induction of Meenakshi Natarajan, former national president of the NSUI, in Rahul's team was in the offing, Bhanwar Jitendra Singh's entry came as a surprise to many.
Singh, a protégé of former Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot, is from the erstwhile royal family of Alwar and represents the constituency in the state Assembly. He was appointed AICC Secretary in an organisational reshuffle last September and his induction as an AICC office-bearer had come in the backdrop of former External Affairs Minister Natwar Singh's ouster from the Government and the party in the wake of UN oil-for-food scandal in Iraq. Natarajan was also appointed AICC Secretary last September. While AICC General Secretary Mukul Wasnik was said to be instrumental in shaping her political career, she also enjoyed the confidence of former MP Chief Minister Digvijay Singh.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon