Raid on illegal video parlour in Chikhali
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
Head of the entertainment tax dept Geetanjali Shirke said the officials confiscated two LCD TVs, 70 cassettes and other related items from the parlour
The entertainment branch of the district collectorate on Friday raided a video parlour allegedly operating illegally for the past three years in Chikhali area of Pimpri-Chinchwad.
Head of the entertainment tax department Geetanjali Shirke said the officials confiscated two LCDs, 70 cassettes and other related items from the parlour. "The parlour was operating for the past three years and was screening popular Hindi and Bhojpuri movies. It has a seating capacity of 300 and during the raid we found them screening two movies," said Shirke.
As per the entertainment duty tax 1923 rules, prior permission has to be obtained for screening movies in video parlours besides paying tax. "Unauthorised screening of movies attract heavy fine that could go into lakhs," she said.
The raid that lasted for three hours was conducted by the officers of the entertainment branch and the local police. Shirke said post the raids, they will take both civil and criminal action against the owners of the parlours.
"We have asked the local crime branch to check the cassettes for any objectionable content," she said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde