Raids reveal negligence in PIMS, SGL hospital
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Several irregularities came to light during raids by Punjab Pollution Control Board (PPCB) teams on Thursday at the Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and SGL Hospital. These included improper disposal of used needles, missing records of treatment of bio-medical waste and dumping of liquid bio-medical waste in improper places.
In a raid at PIMS, the PPCB team found liquid bio- medical waste was not being properly treated in an operation theatre. Also, records of lifting hospital waste was missing on the three days — December 12, 18 and 29. At SGL Hospital as well, no such record for December 26 was available.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner