Rail Budget 2013 introduces 'Anubhuti' on Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Rail Budget 2013 presented by Indian Railways Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal today proposed to introduce a modern coach 'Anubhuti' with good 'ambience' in the premier Rajdhani Express and Shatabdi Express trains providing higher travel comfort to passengers.
The travelling fare in such a coach will be priced separately, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced in his Budget speech.
"With increased popularity of Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains, there is also a demand for higher travel comfort.
Responding to this need, Railways will introduce one such coach in select trains which will provide an excellent ambience and latest modern facilities and services," he said.
Such coaches will be named 'Anubhuti' with commensurate fare structure, he said.
Besides, he said a pilot project will be launched in select trains to facilitate passengers to contact on-board staff through SMS/phone calls for prompt response for coach cleanliness and provide real time feedback.
Provision of announcement facility and electronic display board in trains for disseminating information to on-board passengers about approaching stations, train running, and arrival platform will also be there, he said.
He also announced provisions of free wi-fi facility on several trains to cater to the increasing aspirations and requirement of the youth and other customers.